Welcome to Smithsonia! This stunning four columned historic landmark located right in the heart of Downtown Fredericksburg is back on the market, and this time with some extremely exciting upgrades! UNDER CONSTRUCTION right now is a one-of-a-kind dream kitchen located in the back of the home on the main level. Plans and progress photos to be posted soon! The existing kitchen in the lower level with an exposed wood beam ceiling will remain, soon giving the large home two luxurious kitchens. The existing kitchen is complete with custom cabinetry, a marble topped island and countertops, gas log fireplace, walk-in pantry, an off-kitchen sitting/dining area, a commercial Viking range, Sub Zero refrigerator, wine cooler, dishwasher, microwave, and more! Upstairs, when you are standing in the grand entry way of the home, there is an enormous ballroom perfect for entertaining to the left, and to the right is a formal dining area with a fireplace. Throughout the rest of this 9,000+ SF mansion, you will find six large bedrooms all with their own full bathrooms. The Master suite has an entire extra room as a closet/dressing area with an island, and is also complete with a soaking tub, two more built in closets, his and her sinks, and a glassed-in shower. A 3-car garage with a full gym above it connects to the home through a stunning two-story glass atrium. Downstairs there is a large recreation area perfect for hanging out with the family or entertaining. The home is climate controlled thru a geothermal system which drastically reduces monthly bills. Moving to the exterior, you'll notice a gorgeous fountain on the side of the house, a solarium opposite the fountain, a long pergola separating the driveway and yard, a gazebo in the back, a brick patio and walkways, a brick wall surrounding the whole home, and stunning landscaping! Other features include an elevator that services three levels, five fireplaces, the original staircase, custom trim, wood floors, tall ceilings, window shutters, a soon-to-be installed electric gate to the driveway, and much more. Only a few blocks from all of Fredericksburg's plethora of dining and shopping amenities. Come see everything this house has to offer today!
Single Family, Single Family-Detached, Colonial
6 Full/1 Half
Gas Water Heater, Public Water Service
9,320 sq. ft
Yes - 3 spaces
Historic Downtown Fredericksburg
Fredericksburg City Public Schools
Detailed Room Information
- Family Room, Kitchen, Laundry Room, Living Room, Sitting Room, Sun Room, Exercise Room, Foyer, Breakfast Room, Attic
- Dining Area, Formal
- Hookups in Basement
- Dishwasher, Disposal, Microwave, Double Oven, Self-Cleaning Oven, Gas Range/Cooktop, Range Hood, Refrigerator, Ice Maker, Six Burner Range, Dryer, Humidifier, Appliance Center, Washer, Water Dispenser, Laundry Hookup
- Central Air, Electric, Ceiling Fan(s), Geo-Thermal
- Gas Heat. Geothermal, Forced Air.
- Full, Full Finished, Heated, Entrance Outside, Walkout
- 6. Mantle, Brick, Gas Burning, Insert.
- Additional Interior Features
- Attic Storage, Built-Ins, Chair Rail, Crown Molding, Elevator, Recessed Lights, Wood Floors, Breakfast Area, Walk-in Closets, Window Treatment
Exterior / Lot Features
- 3 Garage Spaces. Brick Driveway.
- Patio, Breezeway
- Lot View
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Exterior Lighting, Street Lights, Landscaped, Back Yard, Side Yard. Landscaping, Rear Yard, Sideyard(S).
Active Market Trends
Median list price
Days On Market
Properties For Sale
Sold Market Trends
Median sold price
Median Sq. Ft. Price